Friday, March 23, 2012

Photo of the Week - Week 52 - Worst Time of Year to Drive


Daffadowndilly

She wore her yellow sun-bonnet,
She wore her greenest gown;
She turned to the south wind
And curtsied up and down.
She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor,
"Winter is dead."
                 - A.A. Milne

Week 52 of 52

Location: Remus, MI
Subject: Daffodil

Spring is definitely springing around here.  And yes, for me anyway, it is the most dangerous time of the year to drive.  Mostly for other drivers.  Everything is so beautiful, all the birds are returning.  I have spotted two bald eagles.  One of which I was driving with Z. on our way home from Big Rapids and he was flying over a corn field.  I quickly pulled over and jumped out of the car to watch him soar.  So beautiful.  The other drivers passing me looked at me like I was insane, but I do not care.  How often does one get to witness such a spectacular creature.  Turns out I didn't have to wait long.  That time with Z. was on a Friday afternoon.  Saturday morning on our way to service we saw another one in Barryton.  He was flying over the school.  There is a giant nest behind the school that is usually occupied by Osprey.  I wonder if he was contemplating stealing it.

I have also seen many cranes flying around.  So beautiful and graceful.  And hawks, we have lots of those around.  On my way home from service Wednesday there was a beautiful red tail hawk sitting in the middle of the road enjoying his lunch.  I reached under the seat for my camera, (which by the way has now been returned to the car for moments like this) but he was a little camera shy and took off into the trees.  As I passed by he of course returned to his meal.  Beautiful.  Not the eating of the meal part.  The bird himself or herself as the case may be.

The fields are all greening up, trees are blooming, flowers are popping up everywere.  Some places the ground is covered with little violets.  Gaaaa! All so beautiful.  I hate driving, I want someone else to so that I can just stare out the window as we go.


I am not sure what this tree is that is blooming but from a distance the tree looks so fluffy and white.  I pulled over yesterday morning to get some closeups.  I need a bumper sticker that says "I brake for beautiful things" so all those people that look at me strangely can just read that instead of gawking.

The frogs are all out.  The sound at night is amazing.  And the mosquitos have not quite all woken up yet so it is so nice to be outside at night and listen to the sounds.  This one came up to visit last night as Cameron was working on the van.


So cute.  He just stayed under the van turning around every now and then or moving from one side to the other.  So cute.

I guess that about sums it up.  Spring is here and so is the rain.  Yesterday it started raining around four in the afternoon.  And this morning it is raining again.  So I am off to finish up my letter writing territory and get that turned back in before the territory servant comes and hunts me down.

Love you all and see you in a couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment