Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thrifty, Thrifty, Thrifty

One of the biggest things I miss about Tucson is the abundance of Second Hand, Thrift, or Resale shops depending on what you like to call them. There was practically one on every street corner and I think I shopped in almost every single one.

With three kids and a small budget, second hand shops were a must. Well, a must in my mind. But I have always been a second hand shopper. I love getting a good deal. An added bonus was because I wasn't buying brand new, everyone walking past me was not wearing the same clothing.

Today hubby and I had to head into Grand Rapids, which is the closest major city to us. My little sis was finally headed home and we had to pick her up from the airport. Close to the airport is a HUGE Salvation Army. Great selection of items, and of course the ever loved half off tag sale. I scored these items for my daughter. All for two bucks each!

The Limited
J.Jill
Merona
J.Crew

Pretty awesome day. Also nabbed up a pair of ice skates for the youngest for $5.00. Oh and on Saturday evenings they have an even better sale. Instead of the selected color tag of the day being 50% off, from 5PM to close the selected color tag of the day is only $0.49!!! Definitely going to have to plan a Saturday evening trip back to Grand Rapids.

No comments:

Post a Comment