Monday, December 19, 2011

Arizona or Bust!

Today is the day.  Seems like it took forever to get here but today finally arrived and now we sit and wait for Rachel to get off work so we can hit the road and head to Arizona.

As always, complications have arisen!  Yesterday I took a break from packing and checking off the list to check e-mails and whatnot.  Oh yeay, there is a HUGE storm covering most of our travel route.  Snow.  Lots and lots of snow.  So now I am nervous about the drive, nervous about other drivers on slippery roads.  Good news is this morning it looks as though it is breaking up and more rain than they expected instead of snow.  Whew!  But that just added to the getting prepared.  Making sure we have blankets and warmers in the car just in case.

And starting Saturday my little guy decides to be sick.  Not just sniffly nose sick, full blown, high fever, nasty throat sick.  The kind of sick where he doesn't really move all day.  My poor baby.  I hate when any of them are sick.  This morning as I woke him up in the wee hours to administer more medication he started to cry.  When I asked him what was wrong he said "I don't feel any better than I did yesterday."  I tried consoling him, telling him getting better takes time but it didn't work.  Tears kept flowing.  Finally he said "I want to go to Arizona!"  His dad was joking with him yesterday that if he didn't get better he would just have to stay home with him.  I guess he took him seriously and was really upset thinking he would have to stay home.

So this evening we will hit the road with a sick child and worries about what lies ahead of us on the interstates.  *sigh*  what fun is a roadtrip that goes perfectly as planned right?  Yeah right!

Wish us well and we will see you all in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment