Monday, December 5, 2011

Let the List Making Begin!

Are you a list maker?  I am, like a crazy, mad woman, I totally am.  So in light of all the crazy that has now become normal around here, I have lists.  Everywhere. 

Arizona trip is officially two weeks away.  YIKES and YEAY all at the same time.  But that also means more lists.  List of clothes for children to pack, list of don't forgets, list of items that can go in the car, list of items that must stay in the trunk, list of things to get done before we go, list of what we want to do when we get there, list of important people to visit while we are there.  See what I mean - lists!  Ugh!  On a side note, when I began the list making for the AZ trip I almost put "Michigan Trip".  So weird that I am doing things in reverse now.  So totally weird.

And with winter now here (although kids are complaining because we are into December and still do not have mentionable snow) that means work has slowed down a little for Cameron so that means work begins again on our house.  So that means another list.  Two actually.  One for items that need to be finished up and another for work that needs to begin.  Oh wait, three, I also have a list started for materials we need to do all said work.

Lists, lists, lists, story of my life.  I have always been a list maker.  Helps me stay focused on what I need to do and also helps me feel like I accomplished something when I see all those items crossed off.  You know when you have those days when you do a thousand little things but then at the end of the day it feels like you haven't really accomplished much?  Write them down, cross them off, then you can look back and say "Whew, look at all those things I did today!"

It used to drive Cameron nuts that I made lists.  Until he found them beneficial.  Until he decided one guy trip to tell me not to make him a list.  Then came back stating all the stuff that he forgot.  Now Cameron is a list maker too.  Well more like a list dictator.  He dictates and I make the list.  The kids caught the bug too.  When I am cleaning I find little lists all over the place.  A whole family of list making monsters I have created!

Happily my list today is steadily being checked off, but I needed a break, so I came to check up on blog land and see what was happening in the big wide world.  And now I am off to get back to those lists.  Can not wait to see you all in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment