Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pantry Raid

So it looks like this is going to be one of those weeks where we raid the pantry to put together meals.

It's not so bad really.  You have to get creative, and you have to ignore the picky eaters in the house.  But my pantry is getting kind of low so we are getting down to the "Really, what did I buy that for" items.  So hopefully it can be restocked soon with deliciousness.

So this past week I have been craving soup.  Soup and sliced tomatoes.  I know - weird.  But I love soup.  Maybe it is all the snow and cold weather that brought on the craving, but seriously, I could eat soup for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and be a happy camper. 

Yesterday was another snow day for the kids.  Well, really more of an ice day because that is what caused the shut down of schools.  Why do I bring this up?  For one very important reason.  Being that it was all icy everywhere, and Rach was not feeling good, she was home also.  Rachel and A. also happen to love soup.  So lunch time rolls around and I am too busy finishing up a good book to rush to lunch.  By the time I do, all the soup in the house has been eaten.  Well all but the tomato soup and I was really in no mood for tomato soup.

So last night I raided the pantry in hopes of soup fixins.  This is what I found:


So Vegetable Beef soup it was with some added spice.  Turned out pretty good.  Some tweeks I will do next time for sure.


I am running dangerously low on broths though.  I blame this entirely on Big Lots.  Did you know Big Lots normally carries those big boxes of broth for $1.00 - $2.00.  Seriously!  They are my first shopping stop when I head into town.  Sounds ridiculous I know, but around here we are severely limited on our grocery shopping options.  And hey, if I can get broth for $1.00 and pick up Oreo's for the hubby for $2.00 instead of the almost $4.00 at the regular store.  Guess what?  See you at Big Lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment