Monday, October 3, 2011

I have a schedule. . .really I do!

Whew!  September is finally over.  What a crazy month.  First month of homeschooling two, on my own, with no K12 to help me out. (insert pitiful, sad face here)  First month on my goal of six months auxiliary this service year.  Last month of canning every little veggie or fruit that shows up in this house.  Crazy, crazy month!

So I sat down and made a schedule for October.  October was IS going to be an awesome month.  I had my service days scheduled.  I had my Grandma days scheduled.  A. finally got her package from her real school so I am off the hook for her schooling.  And then . . . work day at the hall is this month - boom, one planned service day down.  I had to switch a Grandma day - boom, another planned service day down. And yadda, yadda, yadda.  But it is early and so I shall remain positive!

So today I was productive since I was home and not at Grandma's.  So I made some pumpkin butter (yummo!) and some grape jelly from Reuben and Aubrei's grape vine, scheduled out the week of school work for the little guy.  Cleaned up my big ol' mess in the kitchen, then messed it up again by making dinner.  And then I sat my rump on the couch and promptly fell asleep.  Okay, so I was mostly productive today!

Mom and Dad are leaving in less than a month now so we are scrambling to get everything finished.  It seemed like we had forever and now we are wondering if we have time to get it all finished.

So on to positive things my friends.  The weather here has been gorgeous.  Gorgeous for fall anyway.  Crisp cool weather, foggy mornings, chilly nights.  Sunday afternoon/evening was wonderful.  Cameron built a fire in the fireplace and I sat on the couch reading my book (which was excellent by the way . . . "These is My Words" if you ever run across a copy - READ IT!) while Cameron and the kids watched a football game.  It was one of those great afternoons where everythings feels right in the world.

And because a post isn't a post without a picture.  Z. and I caught this lovely lady on the way to the service.  She was along the road with another who was more skittish than she.  She stayed just long enough for this and then took off.


Love you and miss you all.  I can't believe it's been a year already!

No comments:

Post a Comment