Friday, October 28, 2011

Photo of the Week - Week 34 - Hunter Hayes


Week 34 of 52

Location:  Grandville, MI
Subject:  Hunter Hayes

So if you will remember back in July I went with the girlies to a Taylor Swift concert in Grand Rapids.  It really was fun and they had a blast.  Well . . . one of the opening performances was by the young gentleman seen in the photograph above.  Hunter Hayes.  Since that fateful day in July I have heard at least one of his songs on a daily basis and hear a string of facts daily by Miss A.

Then she announced that he was holding his own concert and wanted to go and would spend her babysitting money on tickets.  Tickets were cheap enough and the venue small so, off Rachel and I went with A. and her buddy L.

The concert place was pretty small which was nice because as A. and L. stood in the crowd up front Rachel and I could sit at the tables in the back and still keep an eye on them.  A. made those cute little #1 fingers so we would watch for them to pop up and know exactly where they were.

After the concert Hunter Hayes announced that he would do a meet and greet and stay until everyone in line got to meet him.  Uh Oh!  Yep, we spent more time waiting for the girls to get through the line than we did for the concert itself.  As the girls were waiting in that line, his band members came out and were meeting people on the opposite side of the room.  I did something I have never, ever done before.  I grabbed two of A.'s #1 fingers and took them over for the band members to sign.  I shocked even myself but A. didn't seem too surprised.  They all asked where the #1 fingers came from and seemed impressed that A. had made them.

Then they finally made it up to see Hunter himself and he was equally impressed with the #1 fingers and said they were awesome, which of course only caused more swooning from the girls.  The designated employee snapped the photo above and the girls walked away limp with the biggest smiles.

The only sad part of the night was sitting at the table in the back realizing that I am now an old Mom waiting at the back of the room while my teenager (YIKES!!!!) is up with her friends.  I consoled myself with the fact that at least I am an old mother who takes her daughter to concerts, and the fact that I have an awesome sister who goes and sits with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment