Friday, March 25, 2011

Budgeting Tips from Planet Green

Great Budgeting Tips from PlanetGreen.com

Love this website.  Today they posted this great little list on their Facebook page.  Most of them make sense, and when you suddenly find yourself in a situation where you HAVE to do the majority of these things it totally make sense and makes you wonder why you didn't do this from the beginning anyway.

Some of the items kinda cracked me up though.  Like #7 - really, honestly, who today can even afford to have a housekeeper come in.  I will say the thought of it is awesome, but I honestly couldn't see myself watching someone else clean my house.  And #8 would be nice also.  I have only had that done a couple of times in my life.  It was heaven.  But trying to stay on a budget and having three children to feed and clothe, the idea that I could go do this monthly was a little silly to me.  Unless of course I want to go back to work, ummm nope, thanks, I can paint my own fingers and toes thankyou!

#10 I have seen in action.  A gentleman I used to work with did this experiment a couple of times.  Once he refused to spend any coins for one solid year.  All the change he received as coins he took home and put in a jar.  By the end of the year he had 600 smackaroos.  He was so excited by it that the next year he decided to not spend any one dollar bills he received as change.  He switched jobs before the year was out so I have no idea how much he saved up that year.  We have also done this ourselves but not as drastic.  We planned a family vacation one year and told the kids they could have all our change to save up before the trip.  We didn't make a HUGE pile-o'-dough but each of our three kiddos ended up with about 90 bucks each.  Not too shabby!

Anywho, enough rambling from me, just thought with the way things are going today everyone could use a few helpful little hints for budgeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment